SIP Voice Engineer
CBD, Central Singapore, Singapore
At Toku, we create bespoke cloud communications and customer engagement solutions to reimagine customer experiences for enterprises. We provide an end-to-end approach to help businesses overcome the complexity of digital transformation in APAC markets and enhance their CX with mission-critical cloud communication solutions. Toku combines local strategic consulting expertise, bespoke technology, regional in-country infrastructure, connectivity and global reach to serve the diverse needs of enterprises operating regionally. We have helped companies move all the voice communications to the cloud and embarked on creating products that help companies keep engaging with their customers no matter where they are.
Toku is growing. We want to continue creating momentum for our products in the APAC regions and helping customers with their communications needs. As we build the Operations foundation, we are looking for an experienced SIP Engineer who can help with tasks related to concurrency, performance optimization and real time processing.
You will be reporting to the Head of Operations. This role is responsible for configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of voice systems for an IP telephony voice networks. This includes managing all engineering VoIP projects and configuring and optimizing all VoIP/ IP and internet-based services, telephone, and data networks.
Want to be part of our journey?
What would you be doing?
- Responsible for configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of voice systems for an IP telephony voice networks.
- Manage all engineering VoIP projects and configuring and optimizing all VoIP/IP and internet-based services, telephone, and data networks.
- Provide subject matter expertise as required, research new technologies and solutions.
- Participate in technical discussions, deployment, and planning meetings.
- Ability to build quick prototypes for technology validations of VOIP features.
- Analyse and troubleshoot internal and external VOIP issues.
- Must have excellent analytical, troubleshooting problem-solving skills and be proficient at managing multiple tasks in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in an Individual contributor role, meet deadlines, identify issues, and resolve them independently with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to work on a variety of projects, as necessary.
- Ability to work in collaboration with other cross functional teams, and under the direction of team leads and managers and contribute to overall product and team success.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 2 – 5 years full time production experience in a Voice analyst/ Voice engineer capacity with IP-PBX experience.
- Hands-on experience with Session Border Controllers and Voice Gateways.
- Expert level knowledge of VOIP protocols such as SIP, RTP/SRTP including TLS.
- Super high-level comfort and experience with Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to build relationships.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- Experience with SIP proxies (OpenSIPS), PBXs (FreeSWITCH, Asterisk)
- Expert knowledge in Configuring, Asterisk and FreeSWITCH
- Strong understanding of VOIP concepts, SIP protocol, Soft-switching, and Networking.
- Experience in working with third party/open-source SIP stacks, implement QOS in VOIP networks.
- Working knowledge and experience in solving common VoIP NAT traversal issues, SIP Call Flow, Transcoding.
- Very good knowledge of protocol and packet analysis, experience working with switching and routing protocols.
- Working knowledge and experience using NGREP/SNGREP, TCPDump, or Wireshark
- Experience supporting L3 incidents and vendor escalations and adhere to SLAs.
- Experience in supporting call centre solutions would be preferred.
- If you would love to experience working in a start-up growing at an accelerated speed, and you think you tick most of the requirements, join us!